ah, yes. reservations. those are another exception. the trick there is that reservations aren't technically part of the US. they're isolated areas governed by the native americans who live there. they get to make their own laws, do their own policing, etc. so, if they choose, they can make gambling legal. it allows them to make money, but i always feel kind of sad about it. then again, considering history, it's a small thing...

anyway, odds are gambling is illegal in metropolis, but you could probably arrange something if you really wanted to. maybe they passed a law on a trial basis to allow a few slot machines and such?

just note that places where gambling is legal in this country become *known* for it. vegas, atlantic city, foxwoods reservation... you hear those names, you think of gambling first.

oh, one other thing... there's another work-around. tokens. if you make the slot machines run on tokens, and make the tokens redeemable for prizes instead of cash, it's then considered a game and not actually gambling. there's an amusement park near us that used to do things that way. i think the law changed since then, but i'm not sure. besides, l&c was in the 90's.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.