Okay, we have a story premise (yet again). However, due to the set up of this plot, we can't quite figure out a way around a time paradox for it to end happily ever after.

This is our premise. Assume that Person A in 1994 has found a way to communicate with Person B in 1997. Person B realises in 1997 that Person A died sometime in 1994, and frantically tries to warn Person A (without any idea whether he/she succeeded in doing so).

Person A avoids this brush with death. In 1997, Person A meets Person B for the first time, before all that correspondence begins. Person A remembers Person B (because of the past correspondence) but as far as Person B's concerned, Person A is a total stranger.

We are trying to work out the perspective of Person B. Since nobody physically travels through time, can Person B change the outcome of certain events in the past, thus changing the present, and yet forgetting the memory of that interference? But if Person B forgets that the interference ever took place, how will Person B remember to do it when the time comes for the interference to take place? And if Person B never remembers the correspondence at all (since it hasn't occured yet) how is it possible for Person A to finally meet Person B?

I'm not sure if I've described my problem clearly here. Please email me if you need further clarification. We're open to all possibilities, as long as Person A and Person B both never travel through time, and belong in the same universe.

The problem with living with another active FoLC (in this case, meclone2) is that we discuss a story premise to the death over breakfast, lunch, dinner, trying to fall asleep, commuting.... you get the idea. Ironically, we never get round to writing it. :p With any luck, this one may actually get written. :p

Thanks so much.

twins
metwin1