Hi Kathy,

I dug this information out to answer your post on the fic list, but thought some people here might also like to see it. After the ceremony last year, Kaethel did some counting of winner/nominee stats, and here's that information: in last year's Kerths, out of 21 categories, the Kerth Awards were spread between 21 different stories (counting the tie and the various stories featuring in each winning series) by 13 different authors, 5 of whom had never won before.

Earlier, I also did some counting and calculations on the shortlist, and here's that information, which I posted in a couple of places at the time:

Second, I've done some counting - yeah, numbers, bad idea - and if my calculations are right, the following is true this year:

- we have 89 different stories nominated out of 108 slots. Now that's what I call really broad coverage! I make that more than 25% of stories written this year.

- there are 40 different authors nominated across the full shortlist - that's a terrific spread, and it's a huge compliment to the talent of authors this year.

- I can see two established writers nominated for the first time this year - CONGRATULATIONS, Paul and Jill! Paul, I don't know why you're so shocked; you wrote some really terrific stories. smile smile

- no fewer than thirteen stories on the shortlist are by authors new this year - that's almost 15% of the stories on the shortlist!
CONGRATULATIONS, AnnieM, Barb, Kaylle, Richard Frantz Jr, NiteMar and SQD! smile smile smile
Anyway, I'd find more of this kind of information interesting! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*