Anna, here's what I've got in my file about that, lemme know if it doesn't help <g>

>> What makes a story eligible?

Any story uploaded to the lcfanfic archive within a calendar year is eligible for awards. Stories posted elsewhere, in entirety by the end of the year, can be added to the eligible list if the author so chooses. It is the author's responsibility to contact the K-Com; otherwise we will assume the author does *not* want to be included for some reason. Stories which are added to the eligible list and later uploaded to the archive will not be eligible again in the next year.

>> What if I finish my story in time to post it to LCFIC or the Fanfic MB, but miss the deadline to get it on the Archive by December 31? Do I have to wait till next year to be eligible for Kerths?

No. If you send email to Erin Klingler giving her the story information and a URL, she'll add your story to the eligibles list.

>> What if I posted my story to the MB in December but I'm still revising it based on the comments I received. Do I have to make it eligible this year when I'm not even done with it yet?

No. If you do *not* ask to have it included on the eligibles list, it will not be added, and may be eligible the following year.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K