Hey all thumbsup

I'm fine tuning a fanfic A-plot, and I need to know some more about smuggling things INTO the U.S. by boat.

First of all, I'm assuming this is done (or tried) or more than just the rare occasion, isn't it?

Secondly, where do people try to get things smuggled into the country? Is there a particularly popular location? (ex: Florida, eastern seaboard, western seaboard, etc.) And how do these things get by customs? Are customs tighter in some areas? What's involved with "going through customs"? Does anyone know? (Okay, that was a whole lot more questions than indicated by "secondly." laugh )

Thirdly, what seems to be a popular item to smuggle in? Diamonds and other gems? Workers (illegal immigrants)? (I seem to remember in the episode where Harlan [sp?] of the Men's club lost Perry's money in bonds. Wasn't he smuggling in Chinese workers for some kind of work? Does anyone remember what kind of work he was having them do? Something in a factory or something?)

Any help you guys could give me would be GREAT. The A-plot I have right now is a bit rough, so I'm hoping to gather some details to make it a bit more workable.

THANK YOU!!! smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~