Now, what has surprised me in the whole charade is that the BBC reporter used a single (anonymous) source for his story.
I don't know anything about RL journalism, but I'd guess much would depend on how credible that single source was.

As far as the Daily Planet goes, Bobby Bigmouth was often a single source who lead Lois and Clark to the big stories. But then by the time they went to print, our heroes had usually wrapped the whole thing up and the miscreants were already in prison. goofy So he was really a stepping stone in the chain, rather than relied on as gospel.

And, IIRC, the one time that Lois used a single source to publish allegations without having run down the culprits first and tied up all the loose ends, she and the paper got in terrible trouble for it. (The Source).

BTW, isn't it the story now that Andrew Gilligan had four sources for his story? Kelly was considered the main source and the other three minor in comparison to him?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers