The Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive Keyword Project

Well, you've been enjoying the fanfic uploaded faithfully to the Archive, week by week, and you've been thinking to yourself, "Gosh, I'd love to give something back to the Archive staff and all those great authors, for all the enjoyment those stories have given me, but...what?" <g> Right? Sure you have!

Well, now is your chance! Aren't we good to you? goofy

As many of you already know, the Archive has been working on a long-term project for a number of years now to produce a dedicated and comprehensive search engine for the website. This will enable readers to hook out the stories they are most interested in by inserting specific keywords into the database. For example, all stories set in season one. Or all stories with Lex as the villain. And so on and much more.

Of course, first, we need a database. laugh

Now that we have a final keyword list, we come to the major part of the work to produce that dbase. And that's where you guys come in, with a bit of luck. wink

We now need volunteers - as many as we can get - to read over the 2,000+ stories currently held at the Archive and assign keywords to them from the list. We're looking for:

VOLUNTEER READERS

Whether you have time to read and keyword a dozen stories or just one - we'd love to hear from you! Every little bit will help with this one. If you'd like to volunteer, please email the EIC at the eddress below. You'll be sent out the keyword list and assigned stories to work on. It's simple, it's straightforward and you get to read a lot of great stories - what could be easier?

AUTHORS

It will obviously speed up the process considerably if authors were to assign keywords to their own stories - as they generally don't have to spend time reading the story first to figure out which keywords are appropriate. laugh So, any authors who would like to keyword their own stories, please do email too for that keyword list! We'll be delighted to hear from you!

The more volunteers we get, the quicker the raw data can be collected and collated, and the sooner it will be that everyone gets that search engine up and running. So...go to it, FoLCs! We're counting on you!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please put ARCHIVE KEYWORD PROJECT in the header of any email you send me on this one. Thanks!

Think that's it. If I've forgotten something I'm sure you guys will let me know. <g> So...basically...let the fun (and the massive read-a-thon) begin!

LabRat
Editor-in-Chief
The Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive
Labrat@blueyonder.co.uk

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers