Hey everyone! Was poking around for the first time in ages [should be grading papers since midterms are due tomorrow and I have a 2" stack that needs grading first but *shrug* I've put it off this long...]

I did want to apologize to everyone for not finishing "The One Where Lois and Clark Make Some New Friends" [especially to Anne - maybe the end for the next birthday?].

The beginning of 'the end' for me was when my laptop crashed hard in very early June - rebooted and it said 'operating system? what operating system?'. It's still not working right and I think I'm going to reformat the HD again tonight or tomorrow - as soon as I finish sending a file to missy for safekeeping so I don't have to redownload it later. I lost absolutely everything - including, but not limited to - all finished fic [posted or otherwise], all wips [including a beginning of a choose-your-own-adventure type that Annie mentioned in another thread and one that had a couple scenes I absolutely adored and don't think I'll ever be able to redo as well - was seriously considering turning that one into an original fic someday], all school stuff that wasn't on the school server as well, programs... you get the picture. I guess this could also go under Pam's 'excuses for not writing' thread! laugh

Thanks to Missy, who has spread the word a bit for me about what's going on. I've been able to chat with her and Anna [and even Jana briefly last night!] a bit, but not near like I'd like.

Hopefully, life will calm down in early August or so. The summer semester ends the end of July, then we're having company Aug. 2-?, and I should only be working my fast food job until the end of August or so, but it's usually one day a week plus Sat. And the baby isn't due until LATE October so... My fall schedule has me teaching completely online - once I get all the dates entered, all I have to do is grade once a week or so. Last time, hormones did wonders for the muse. Wonder if having an almost 2-yr-old counteracts productivity? *ponder* Anyway, hope to get back to writing then, if anyone's still interested.

Anyway - thanks again to everyone for being patient and not hating me too much!

CM