I received this email this morning. It's not an idea I'm particularly interested in pursuing, so I'm posting it here for anyone who wants to pick it up. smile

Hi there,

For about a month or so I've really been enjoying Anne's Lois&Clark fiction site [snip]

If you're still out there and if you're still writing how about coming up with a plot (if it hasn't come up yet and I just can't find it) that has Clark being retrieved by the Krytonians as a teen, learning to be a cultural leader, then coming back to Earth to "conquer" it.

There was an episode of Smallville recently that featured Christopher Reeves, and he and Clark deciphered the Krytonian symbols that commanded Clark to conquer the planet. I like that concept and I can see Lois as an agitator in this scenario. She wouldn't take planet conquering lying down (so to speak) but she and Clark are universally connected. There are some good sparks to be made here. Depending on how Clark decides to proceed in this planet conquering, whether he just comes in militarily or corporately (like Lex Luther) he's still a good guy. He's only doing what he thinks is best, but Lois Lane has got all these objections to any sort of world control ("land of the free" mentality).

Plus all this build up gives Clark a chance to be the dominate persona. Too many stories I've read so far have made him submissive to Lois. While that's an awesome concept, (him being Superman and she's controlling him) the situation is rare that Clark gets to take the reins. He's so sensitive and sweet sometimes it's almost nauseating. Don't get me wrong, I like a sensitive guy, but a take charge guy is also a turn on. He'd learn this "take charge" attitude if the Kyrptonians got to him at an earlier.
age.

Anyway, from what I've gathered you guys bounce ideas off each other at this bulletin board on line that I can't use at work (and I have no internet at home). Throw this at the other writers and see what you guys can come up with. I'd love to read a good fic on the site spawned from my input.

TJ

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers