This brings up another good point. Don't ever hesitate to ask for help on the boards. Whether you need help with grammar, characterization, plot development or fact checking, there is bound to be someone here who can (and will) help you. One of the many wonderful benefits of having such a diverse group of friends here, is that we have built in experts. You would not believe some of the random (but useful) knowledge people here have. And if people don't know, they can almost always point you in the direction of someone who does or a web site that can explain it.

And this...

Loriel (who did start an original fic but has no idea where to take it (story wise) and doesn't even have enough to post to ask for opinions!
If you have a vague idea, that's enough. Every story starts with one mental picture ... one question ... one something. You wouldn't believe some of the stories I've asked for help with. "Hey guys, what if Lois had to babysit? What do you think would happen?" or "Does anyone remember that Paul guy Lois talked about? She dated him in college right? I wonder what ever happened to him...." Trust me, it's worth asking for help. smile

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen