I believe you may be looking for "48 Hours Without a Superman" by Kathryn Ann Kent smile

Here's an excerpt:

Mom teases Dad all the time about what happened at the party that night; she always says that since *she* rescued him, he can't tease her any more about all the times he's rescued *her*. And then Daddy says that rescuing someone from social embarrassment isn't exactly the same thing as pulling someone out of a vat of wet cement, and that she was a little late rescuing him anyway and she really *must* polish up her breaking and entering skills. And then Mom starts batting her eyes at him and says in a baby voice, "Cla-rk, do you really think I'm pretty?" and "Clar-rk, I didn't know you felt that way," and Daddy says "Cut it out, Lois," but he's laughing, and then she's laughing, and then he picks her up and hugs her and then they start kissing. They kiss a lot.
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K