I love fish out of water stories. Lois in GGGoH is one of my favorites, but it didn't quite go country enough for me. drool ) If you don't want to get him on a horse, you could make him a rodeo clown.

Lois, of course, would star as the fish out of water. What convincing role could she play? Former Miss Cowboy Queen coming back to judge the Miss Cowboy Rodeo contest. Just something sexist enough to put her teeth on edge.

While watching a local rodeo this past weekend, I noticed that the Cowboy riders had to lasso a calf, jump off his horse, and then 3-leg hogtie (and, yes, I know that's probably not the correct term) the calf. While all the Cowgirl riders had to do was lasso the slightly larger calf and let the rope go. dizzy I could certainly see Lois take offense at the unfairness of *that* (because I did). FYI: many of these cowgirl competitors looked more like beauty queens.

Interesting factoid for those of you who might not know: many of the community colleges and state universities here in the west have their own rodeo teams which have competitions, just like other sports.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.