Hi all! Here's my entry, sorry for lurking for so long. This is my first attempt at Lois and Clark fanfic. Hope you like it!

Clark picked up the phone and brought it to his ear. "Clark Kent," he said, amiably.

“Clark! I’m glad you’re home!”

After a moment, he frowned in confusion. "Who is this?"

“Sorry, John Tripp with Publisher’s Clearing House.”

His shoulders tensed.

"How did you get this number?" he demanded.

“Say, will you be home around 10:00 this morning?”

He looked around the room, flustered. "Look," he began, "I really--"

“The van is ready, the balloons filled, media notified…”

He stilled.

"Uh huh."

“We even have the giant check printed. Haven’t you always wanted a giant check?”

The frown deepened. "Well, yeah," he admitted.

“Congratulations, then! You are this year’s winner of the 10 million dollar prize!”

He sighed. "That's not real," he protested. "It's completely fiction."

“You entered, you won! Who knew that TV Guide subscription would be so profitable?”

Clark gave the handset a dubious look, then brought it back up to his ear. "So you say," he said.

“I know it looks on TV like we surprise our winners, but we have to make sure you are home and ready. So look and act surprised, ok?”

His eyebrows raised as he listened. "But how?"

“Just put on jeans and a t-shirt, look like you just woke up or just got done with a chore, and scream real loud-like. See you at 10:00! Bye now!”

He glanced out the window, lowering his glasses as he peered outside. "I...uh...um..." he stammered. He pushed his glasses back up with one finger. "All right," he said, and immediately hung up the phone.