OK, so in the series, we've been shown on multiple occasions that time travel is possible, and frequently used. My proposition to you all:

Baby Kal'El is transported through time and space via a wormhole. He hits his intended target (Earth) but he has travelled back in time, say, a couple hundred years (or whatever number you choose) to Smallville, KS, 1966 (as in canon). Jor'El and Lara, unaware of this time change they would be sending their son through, leave Clark under the impression (through use of the globe) that Krypton has exploded and he is the last of his kind. In reality, at the time when Clark is living, Krypton is still very much alive and prosperous, but still set up for a doomed fate in the future. (This theory obviously would have to dismiss the NK arc.) Suppose Clark discovers this anomaly, what would he do? Would he abandon earth to go save his people? Would he create a paradox where he was never sent to earth in the first place if Krypton was saved, or would he risk earth's utopia?

/waits patiently for someone to bite.../ I've got way too many ideas to follow and things to do for me to indulge this one... so I'd really like to see someone else tackle this. smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain