I'm new to writing, but this piqued my curiosity and I spent twenty or so minutes with a word processor and this is what came out. I don't know whether or not to pursue it, really.

Time slowed to a crawl. Lois fought against the knots in her stomach; if he didn't grant an interview after tonight, she'd get on his secretary's blacklist for sure. Maybe she already was; but that was the reason she was making this request in person. His jaw dropped, just barely enough that she was able to register the movement.

“Lois Lane, Daily Planet.”

His gaze traveled up her legs before jerking to her face. Ah, so he was willing to ogle, but he didn't like to get caught. She filed the information away: 'Interviews: Celebrities: Playboys'. Processing it reminded her to what end she was making herself vulnerable to this powerful man.

Heads turned in their direction as he responded in an undertone, “Miss Lane.” He offered his arm, which she took only to have him maneuver her out of the spotlight. She followed him graciously, tamping down the urge to keep him in the center of the room, away from the crowd, where he'd have no distractions from her. He stopped moving, and she looked up to see another man, suave and debonair, who greeted her with a charming smile.

“Have you met my associate, Mister Luthor, Miss Lane?”

“No. It's a pleasure.” She held out her right hand, but kept the left firmly affixed to Kent's arm. He wasn't getting away that easily.

Luthor took her hand to kiss it. “A pleasure, indeed. I can assure you, if you ever call on me, I will answer.” At Luthor's action, she felt the muscles in Kent's arm stiffen. Unexpectedly, a tingle ran up her arm at his reaction, rather than Luthor's intimate gesture. She smiled slightly to cover her surprise. 'Interviews: Celebrities: Jealosy.' That was better.