Funny you should mention nepotism and newspapers....

in the Australian press we have known dynasties of journalists (as in Kent's not as in Murdochs/Franklin Sterns/Lex Luthors)

I can think of two individuals in particular (a father/daughter duo) who both write as senior columnists for Aussie papers, however despite being notorious for having similar political views, these two write for different papers... hence even though nepotism does not really come into it, it certainly does help when applying for a job...

just like several actors/musicians/scientists/... or tradesmen...

centuries of famous musicians named Bach, Mozart and Beethoven all came from dynasties of musicians...

Violin makers, piano builders, architects, painters, ....

in fact even psychologists (think of Anna Freud)

if mum/dad was famous for one thing, then I suppose it would be inevitable that daughter/son would at least know the basics *even if you go back to the fact that they heard these things discussed over the dinner table every day...

My father is a 4th generation medical doctor, and all 4 generations went to med-school somewhere in the world (Poland, Switzerland, London and Sydney)... no amount of nepotism will get you the high school-grades to successfully enter medicine (as a first year out of school, where you basically needed 100% in your yr12 exams

politicians are different though, as family and influence are evidently essential in certain instances...

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?