I loved the prologue, Tank. I sure hope someone picks it up and runs with it.

My mind went in a totally different direction from Framework or Marcus. I guess I wondered what both Lois and Clark would do if Lois were fired. I think that she would start out devestated and then get angry, perhaps freelancing for a while and selling her stories to anyone but the Daily Planet. Since she's Lois, she'd probably continue scooping the competition and winning awards. It'd be a hoot if she won the coveted Pulitzer while she wasn't working for the DP. DP sales would drop and the suits would be scrambling to get her high-risk backside back into their newsroom.

Clark would be faced with quite a dilemma - stay at his dream job without Lois, or leave with Lois to continue being her partner and to watch her back as Superman. Of course, since this is Season 1 Lois, she probably wouldn't want Clark tagging along, but she would be touched by his loyalty.

Very interesting premise. Too bad you're not in the mood to continue with the story. If I were a better person (and writer), I'd try it. I hope someone does.

BJ