So, some of you may be looking at this thread and wondering what a drabble is. A Drabble is an extremely short work of fiction with exactly one hundred words. In some of my past communities we have participated in a theme challenge where we had a list of words or phrases and were asked to write a drabble for each one.

For this board I’m going to do it a bit differently. The fun of these are that everyone can participate no matter their level of writing skill. Even the authors who are in the middle of a huge epic can take a little time to write them (hint hint). So here are the rules:

1. I will make a new thread for each theme. Most likely once every two weeks. If it gets popular and you guys want it a bit quicker or a bit slower we can do that.
2. You will write your 100 word response and post it in THIS THREAD. Please don’t make an entry for them on the fic boards. It will get really spammy if you do and will be counter productive to the community.
3. Post any FDK you have for the drabbles in this thread. Let the author know you are talking about their drabble to keep confusion down. This should be pretty easy.
4. Keep your drabbles clean and within the rules of the general fic boards.
5. You don’t have to use the words of the theme in your drabble but it does need to be something related to that theme and the LnC show. If you have questions just ask me about it.
6. I would prefer to be the one to introduce these themes and set up the threads, however if you have a suggestion for a new theme please pm it to me and I can add it to the list. ^_^ They should be simple themes and nothing to specific. smile
7. NEW: These drabbles will be submitted to the archive. If you DO NOT WANT your drabble to be submitted please let me know. All past drabbles before this rule was made will not be subject to this rule (wow that is a mouthful). I will contact each of you individually.
8. NEW: There will be a one month time limit for each drabble. The cut off date will be announced in each thread. All drabbles for that theme must be submitted by that date in order for it to be included on the archive.

Here is this week’s theme: Midnight

Have fun with it!

CUTOFF DATE: 4/13/07

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!