I've posted a very rough first draft up on my LJ. <points at homepage icon> Feel free to comment, if you like. blush

It probably won't make the MBs for another couple of weeks, though. Assuming I find a beta reader. <stares around, meaningfully>

OMG! DJ's unleashed the chainsaws! This is coercion! I'm calling the UN! <cowers under desk>

rotflol

There were whole sentences and even a couple of paragraphs in the first two parts of Faustian that Hasini flat out wrote.
I noticed you'd left them in and did bit of sqeeing in glee! Thanks, Sue!
blush

I even asked her if she wanted to co-author on the story but she pulled that "oh, I can't really write" routine on me. I've sometimes wondered how much better the story could have been if she hadn't disappeared on me.
I was afrad I was trying to turn it into a cross between PG Wodehouse and Harlequin Mills and Boon. (The rejected pile!) I really didn't mean to write that stuff for you, they were meant to be suggestions. Personally, I don't think FB suffered any. You and your fantastic betas obviously did the best job possible!
It's very sweet that you think that though! laugh

C'mon, Hasini, just write it already! I, for one, have faith in you. You absolutely can write.
I'll just have to take it on your authority then! <g>

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.