well, unfortunately real life has happened. my car got envious of the $700 house payments I was writing and demanded a piece of the pie. so car trouble has me in a tizzy. I shoulda been blond...

as a result i'm not gonna be able to focus my 6-7 brain cells very well for the next few days. but for right now I can say a few things.

one letter per week? howzabout whenever we get around to it? I don't want to be a nazi on time. whenever we get to the next one is fine. if a month goes by, maybe one will ask the other "what's up?". but if there is a long lag, it could also mean the idea has run its course and is done. I have no idea how many letters it would be, either. maybe 1-2 would be sufficient, and maybe we'll get excited and do 4-5 apiece. play it by ear is my maxim. no teachers lookin' over our shoulders. smile

meeting in a chat room.... er..... hm.... i'm not seeing that. Now that I think about it, "pretending she ain't dead" would just kinda amount to "don't ask her what she had for supper last night". the focus is on the boys (clark and bruce) not the women, so much.

maybe what we could do is when I get the first letter done, or a rough draft, I'll email it to you, and you see if it's do-able. Is this idea ok? What I don't want to do is stick you in the embarrassing situation of having to answer a question that may have a definitive answer from the series (like, what did she think when she first realized they had a baby boy on their hands? did they deal with this? I don't know) but it's something you may not know off the top of your head. this is supposed to be lazy fun here. laugh you and I could kinda check 'em with each other to make sure we aren't writing the other into a plot problem, or something. THEN post em. smile

after all, I can pretty much make things up with impunity, from my side. goofy it's really YOU that we don't wanna write into a problem.

do you get what I mean about ignoring her death? maybe when I send the first letter, look at it and see how the point of view feels. we'll see.

oh, and Martha W would pretty much have a "God's eye view" of lois and clark. she'd know as much as someone who had seen the series, for example. (which I haven't, not all of it anyway, so that's my challenge!)

edit---hang on a second! it just occurred to me that "ignoring her death" is the exact same as "she never died"! we're both talking about doing the same thing, I think. you write it like she never died, and it will come off as "ignoring her death". the only bending of the perspective would be this:

because of what happened with martha W, her son is batman. she may mention this in her letters, but we just won't mention what "it" is. this isn't something you will have to work with, since it's on my side, and anyway, I never intended to deal with that aspect very much. I can easily ignore it completely, if you'd like me to. get it?