I was just wondering how the relationship between Lois and Clark could have been different if the show was set 10 years or so later. How would new communication technologies/applications affect their relationship (friendship)?

I'm mostly thinking about instant messaging like MSN, but also mobile text messages and so on.

I've read some fics in the past with Lois and Clark chatting or exchanging e-mails, but not much. I'd like to see more laugh

And while e-mail and chatting was already around during the initial run of the show, the use of it has become more widely accepted and more 'natural' I believe.

Also, because MSN has changed my personal relationships a lot (especially with frieds), I'd like to see how it would change theirs. Some might think: they're with each other almost the entire day, why would they chat with each other in the evenings? Well, I still chat a lot with my fellow class mates, although I see them almost every day.

I think it would be interesting to see how Lois would maybe open up a little bit more. My personal experience is that on the internet, I'm less afraid to say certain things. Or sometimes I prefer having some delicate or embarassing conversations online instead of face-to-face. I also believe Lois would less shy to flirt (innocently or not) with Clark and so would he.

So, anyone who feels the need to write a story (short or long) in which Lois and Clark's relationship furthers because of online communication? With some late night chats and maybe Clark saying something flirty and Lois thinking "Oh my god! Has he really just told me that?". Or Lois being shocked by her own flirty comments. Who knows smile

Greets,

~ An ~