Hmm...the only workplace I've had that would be at all interesting or workable would be the Homicide Division of a DA's office (where I was the law clerk for a summer). Otherwise:

1. Teaching Fellow at a college? Not likely.
2. Academic Advisor at a college? Even less likely - even the freshmen notice when their advisor isn't the same person they were last time.
3. Editor of a law journal? Far more boring than writing for a newspaper. Plus, they'd really show me up and then I'd be irritated. Also, an unlikely place to go undercover, since part and parcel with the whole boring thing is the fact that the most interesting thing that happens at the law journal is a discussion on uniform methods of source citation.
4. Associate at a big corporate law firm? Please! Gak! One - tough to fake your way into this job for an undercover assignment since the NY Bar exam is really tough (and expensive to take) and it's really easy to find out whether or not a lawyer is actually a member of a state bar. Two - Corporate Lawyer? Way more boring than being a law journal editor.
5. Research Associate for a Human Rights NGO? I have no idea how that one would work, especially since I did most of my work from home.
6. Water Polo Coach. Wow, way less likely than any of the others. I'm sure, however, that there are plenty of readers who would want to see Clark in a Speedo. razz

I hope that people with jobs far more interesting than the ones I've had will step forward and take this challenge!

Rac