Just a quick note to address the one point I figured most readers would bring up. I agree, Lois would never give up the fight, but I don't see Lois' actions as giving up.

Giving up would have been just doing herself in the first chance she got. This wasn't the case. Lois merely prepared for an eventuality that came to pass. She decided to fight by refusing to be used by the bad guys any more. She fought by making sure that the terrorists wouldn't win. If that meant she had to give her own life to save the idea of Superman, she felt the sacrifice was worth it.

It's often been said that loving someone means you put their needs above your own. Lois knew that it was only a matter of time before Clark would be forced to do something that would, in effect, destroy him. He would do it to save her, but it would still have the result of destroying who and what Superman was. She couldn't allow that. So, if the situation came about that there was no other way out, she was willing to make the ultimate choice.

While I think Lois is a fighter to the end, I also believe that she wouldn't hesitate to give her life to protect Clark.

Tank (who hopes that this doesn't add fuel to those misguided gentle readers who think that he is evil... remember this was Juliet's fault, it was HER challenge)