Wow, I've never pictured Ellen as a down at the bar kind of drunk, more of a sneaking drinks at home alone kind of drunk. This is a scary life. Poor Lucy. Poor Lois.

I'm kind of surprised that Sam hasn't taken on Lucy as well, but then again Sam is a bit self absorbed and probably doesn't want the extra burden of a daughter he might have to actually pay attention to (unlike independent Lois). Sam doesn't seem to know or care that Lois is coming and going from their home at all hours of the night and day. (He'd care about what happened to her car, but not to Lois herself? Typical.) Is having these parents any better than having no parents and having to fend for oneself? (Not that Lois isn't fending for herself, already.) What will happen to Lucy when Lois heads off to Ireland? Move in with Uncle Mike, I suspect.

My guess, that guy in the bar has nothing to do with the group of guys in the truck. It's probably more of a coincidence that they both happen to be Latino. When the door shut behind Lois and Ellen, I was afraid that Ellen had left her purse or car keys in the bar.

hyper on how the gang has learned to avoid him. The last thing Clark needed was to get into another fight that night.

Yes, Lois's secret is out, but so is Clark's. I doubt he'll drive Ellen's car anywhere. My guess is that he doesn't have a license. It's another one of those places where they require a birth certificate. Who knows if he's ever formally learned to drive, either? Although, I don't see that as stopping Lois from asking him to help.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.