Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Lois & Clark Fanfic Jump to new posts
Re: FDK: District K: Injustice BlindPassenger 04/25/24 02:41 PM
I really liked this ficlet. What an interesting premise.
So, lots of stuff/hidden history to unpack here. The following I read out of it:
So Clark likely grew up in Sv with the Kents and was interested in journalism, lived a huma nlife, as per usual. But at some point, a large group of Kryptonians (enough that it needed an entire town/district to keep all of them) came to Earth. Likely the NEw KRypton group. MAybe they didn't find a planet for themselves this time around and so decided to go to the place jor and Lara sent their kid and try to live there. Only that some of them (probably led by Non) pot power-hungry and decided to rather rule than blend in.
They also somehow got taken care of (I assume since there's no Superman, the govs found out about Kryptonite some other way. Clark may or may not have been involved in this. That could be an interesting twist if he basically turned "his" people in like that to protect the world...)
Which also leads to the question how exactly Clark (or Kal-El, respectively) got involved with the Kryptonians/where does he fit in with all this, both in detailled and in the general/public story. Given that he stil uses the name "Clark Kent" which doesn't sem to publicly be associated with the Kryptonians, his "secret identity" might still be intact. I assume, it's possible that only his "Kryptonian" side got into contact with the authorities and, despite likely helping them, was also arrested into District K. He might also have agreed to get them away form further investigating, thus protecting his parents. As in "OK, I'll stay here and will comply, but I won't tell you where I grew up" or something. Or, alternatively, they are aware who he is but decided to keep it since he's "marked" and won't be a "threat" and publishing his story might give pro-Kryptonian-sympathics more good than they want them to have.
So, assuming his "human" cover is, in general, still intact, that would still work since he would have a bracelet form his time in District K but no one would know CK=KRyptonian if not something like what happend in the office..happens. Hrm.
It makes total sense to me that the other Kryptonians would decide to just stay in Distirct K among themselves. They come off as quite reclusive in the show anyway, plus given how humanity treats them (of the impression we get here) they would be total outsiders anyway. So, why bother? Clark is a special case here since he has connections to humans and so on, which can't be said about the other Kryptonians. Or who knows, maybe there are one-two more who decided to "explore" Clark just doesn't know about but even if not, I wouldn't be surprised. I can totally see all the Kryptonians staying with themselves. Now if they were more accepted, tha tmight change - or maybe still not, given how they are so different in their mindsets and whatnot.
One wonders how Clark (and the others too) can even walk around with getting Kryptonite directly pushed into their systems. Like shouldn't that, if ot kill them, at least cause permanent pain etc. stopping from getting by? And there's only so much Kryptonite that's there. Like it's a rare AF substance. So depending on how many of them there are, there would be a limit to the ressource how much yu can use at them...
I get Perry's dilemma here although he kind of comes off cowardly here and not really like the Perry we know. That said, we don't really know about the extents of what the KRyptonians did to the planet and its people, and Perry also doesn't know who might take over if he gets fired over it, which might be a bigger isue than it would be in a normal L&C verse, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here.
As for Lois...well, she's not exactly known for her empty threads so...that will be a shitshow. Should be interesting.
Also, it seems like Lois' background might also be somewhat different in this. The way hos she clicked with Clakr so easily on that conference, apparently, implies her experiences with men and relationships are not as dark this time around or that would not have been the case. Like, she needed a long time to establish her friendship and even longer with the romance, and that was when she worked with Clark in the same office for a while, in canon. So, it seems she also went on a bit of a different path there, too.
Also, I can totally see Lois always wantign to interview a Kryptonian. And I also really believe most of them woudl like like "yeah no, let me alone stupid human" LOL. And of course with her back luck, she gets the most un-kryptonian of them all :-)
Aaanyway, I for one would love to see more from this AU, both from the past what happened there as well as what comes next, should your muse come up with more, I'll be here for it!
4 212 Read More
Lois & Clark Fanfic Jump to new posts
Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman Morgana 04/25/24 12:25 PM
I love this story! It does take three husbands to keep up with Lois Lane.

Isn't she glad the blinders finally came off?
9 315 Read More
Fanfic Challenge Jump to new posts
IF-Ception Challenge! Queen of the Capes 04/24/24 07:50 PM
So, you've written a fic, right? Or maybe you're in the process of writing one.

Most likely, that story's universe is now different from the main LnC canon in some way, right? Its own little world, yeah?

Now...write a new story set in that world. It may or may not be "canon" to your original fic; maybe your story had Clark fighting Lex Luthor's Crazy Sister, but you want to write about them playing cards together instead. Anything goes; this is just an excuse to explore these worlds and characters a little more. smile
0 143 Read More